These are very helpful techniques to memorize vocab, conjugations, anything in any language. They have been proven methods that work by memorization and brain experts.
- Memorize the word within a phrase.
- Instead of “chat”, memorize “le chat noir”
- Connect it to your own life!
- Relate it to similar-sounding English or Spanish words,
- The sillier, the better
- Put words where you’ll see them.
- On your computer desktop, around your house, etc.
- Make your shopping lists/to do lists in French
- Carry around a little notebook
- Make flashcards
- Use it in a sentence each time, instead of just translating the word.
- Try to describe something/someone/an event in your surroundings.
- Ask yourself, do I know how to say all these things?
- Make up stories
- This will connect the words to a storyline (http://learnoutlive.com/your-brain-on-storytelling-foreign-language-learning-through-stories/)
- Start reading children’s books
- Then move on to more difficult ones.
Most important, USE THE TECHNIQUE THAT KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED!